Dentists seem divided. According to a Wealthy Dentist poll,
- 32% say electric.
- 31% say sonic.
- 28% say a conventional toothbrush.
Our take? The best toothbrush is the one you use. And regular flossing – in addition to brushing – is better. Using a proxy brush may be even better than that.
The main thing: Keep your teeth clean, regularly disturbing the biofilm (plaque) that forms on them between cleanings.
Some Related Articles
- Are You Using the Right Tools to Clean Your Teeth?
- Manual vs. Sonic Toothbrushes: Is One Kind Better than the Other?
- How to Brush Your Teeth
- Just Brushing Your Teeth Isn’t Enough
- Beyond Floss
- Proxy Brushes: Better than Floss, Says Researcher
Image by KJ Payne, via Flickr