- Percent of general population who reported using “complementary and alternative medicine” (CAM) in the past year: 63
- Percent of older Americans (50+ years) who use CAM and say they’ve never discussed the matter with their health care providers: 60
- Percent who say their health care providers have never asked them about CAM use: 40
- Percent who are taking at least one prescription drug: > 75%***
- Percent of health care workers who reported using CAM for their personal health in the past year: 76
*** If you’re taking prescription medications, it’s vital to discuss any CAM therapy before before you begin using it in order to avoid any bad drug interactions or treatment complications.