- Percent of Americans who don’t brush their teeth twice a day, as recommended: 40
- Percent who, when they do brush, brush less than the recommended 2 minutes: 50+
- Percent who never floss at all: 33
- Grams of added sugar eaten daily by the average American: 77+
- Grams of sugar eaten daily by the top 20% of consumers: about 190
- The World Health Organization’s recommended maximum daily intake of added sugars for the average non-overweight adult: 25 grams
- Percent of adults who have had dental caries (tooth decay): 92
All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- More about the smoke... fb.me/1KJZDtol3 11 hours ago
- fb.me/EsQcb3FA 3 days ago
- Stay inside. Wildfires making the Modesto air dangerous to breathe. fb.me/1HcrxVv0j 5 days ago
- “80 to 90 percent of systemic problems are caused or influenced by the oral cavity, tonsils, and sinuses." - Dr.... fb.me/14niKvZwk 6 days ago
- It's that time of year again... fb.me/6S0WslaHD 1 week ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness