Accidentally Swallowing a Toothbrush Is “Impossible”? Impossible!

mouth opened wide

Speaking of toothbrushes…and weirdness…

Did you see the one about the guy who had 18 toothbrushes – and a lot of other odds and ends – surgically removed from his stomach?

If you’re squeamish, don’t watch.

http://ift.tt/1TzGPX4

But wait! There’s more!

Dr Anton Emmanuel, a consultant gastroenterologist at University College London Hospitals, and spokesperson for the British Society of Gastroenterology, said it is impossible to swallow a toothbrush accidentally.

Actually, it is possible. Unlikely. But possible.

Even the Mail itself – that paragon of fine journalism – ran a story earlier this month about an Indian boy who was “unsure” of how he swallowed a six inch long toothbrush and “might not have told his parents [about it] out of fear.”

Most often, though – according to Dr. Emmanuel – in a case like the one in the video above, there’s a “psychiatric disorder” at work.

You don’t say…

Read more about the strange things people have swallowed over at TechWorm.

Image by ben dalton, via Flickr

The post Accidentally Swallowing a Toothbrush Is “Impossible”? Impossible! appeared first on Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc..

Originally from Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.

Advertisements

About The Verigin Dental Health Team

A humanistic, holistic dental practice in Northern California, providing integrative, biological, mercury-free dentistry
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.