Our office has been mercury-free for decades now. We began the transition in the mid-1970s and were completely mercury-free by the early 1980s.
Not only are we mercury-free, but we’re also mercury-safe, meaning we take great precautions to protect the health of our patients, our team, and our planet whenever a patient chooses or needs to have amalgam fillings removed.
It’s great to see ever more dentists doing the right thing by ending their use of this toxic, antiquated material. We look forward to a truly mercury-free future for all of us.
As we’re in the middle of this year’s Mercury-Free Dentistry Week – a joint campaign by Dr. Mercola and Consumers for Dental Choice, we thought we’d share this little blast from the past – though truth be told, it might be a little more appropriate for Halloween.
So without further ado, we present The Mercury Amalgam Horror Show!
Be afraid. Be very afraid.
(Seriously, this is NOT for the squeamish.)
The “monster cavity” is just the beginning.
That filling in it? “Silver” only by color and name. Dental amalgam is actually about 50% mercury. And it’s being removed unsafely.
Then there’s all the additional trauma that tooth will be subject to down the road, starting with the proposed root canal.
The dentist assures us that the patient is “willing to take the risk,” but we can’t help but wonder: Does she fully understand the risks? They go far beyond breakdown of the tooth and future decay…
Originally from Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.