All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- Conflicts of interest continue to be a real problem... fb.me/YvtJDsJk 1 day ago
- On our blog this week, we take a look at some of the newest research on tooth loss and dementia risk... fb.me/18uG3XMec 2 days ago
- I posted a new photo to Facebook fb.me/282bxV5It 3 days ago
- Speaking of Big Pharma... fb.me/65EOMNRxU 1 week ago
- A terrific read on the challenges of researching acupuncture - with discussion of some amazing studies that have... fb.me/6pwsoJxjn 1 week ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Author Archives: The Verigin Dental Health Team
It wasn’t so long ago that most dentists scoffed at the notion that oral and systemic health are related. After all, they were trained – and still are largely trained – to be mouth mechanics, specialists at repairing problems in … Continue reading
Some news items say so much all on their own. Almost one-third of new drugs approved by U.S. regulators over a decade ended up years later with warnings about unexpected, sometimes life-threatening side effects or complications, a new analysis found. … Continue reading
The Central Valley isn’t known for being all that healthy of a place. According to the latest rankings, most Valley communities rank in the bottom half of the list of 150 US cities – and most of those toward the … Continue reading
There’s nothing quite like a Daily Mail headline to freak you out: Naturally, there were those who felt the need to respond. But while the article below it correctly points out the limitations of the study in question (more on … Continue reading
By Gary M. Verigin, DDS, CTN Nearly all of the patients we see first come to our office because they’ve read online about certain dental materials and procedures that may be contributing to their medical symptoms or diagnosed conditions. Here … Continue reading
Earlier this month, the FDA announced that 23andMe could go ahead and market its genetic testing for 10 health conditions. Naturally, the company’s CEO got right to celebrating in the media.” “My hope is that 23andMe, by being less and … Continue reading