All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- Whether you call it CAM or integrative or functional or biological medicine, the approach is the same: You don’t... fb.me/7r5BQYodh 2 days ago
- Still relevant information that most people don’t know. Feel free to share! fb.me/8zQ6eiSg0 3 days ago
- Said one consumer, "This is Pepto Bismol disguised as happiness." fb.me/1xXXE9lnp 1 week ago
- Genes aren't destiny. They're potential. fb.me/4jzDXGCrq 1 week ago
- Think hyper-processed food especially. fb.me/20Ig91RJU 1 week ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Category Archives: Uncategorized
By Gary M. Verigin, DDS, CTN Nearly all of the patients we see first come to our office because they’ve read online about certain dental materials and procedures that may be contributing to their medical symptoms or diagnosed conditions. Here … Continue reading
Earlier this month, the FDA announced that 23andMe could go ahead and market its genetic testing for 10 health conditions. Naturally, the company’s CEO got right to celebrating in the media.” “My hope is that 23andMe, by being less and … Continue reading
Even endodontists will tell you, if they’re being honest, that root canal disinfection isn’t always effective. They’ll tell you that about 25% of all root canals fail due to infection by pathogens left in the canal before it’s filled and … Continue reading
You often hear implant dentists brag about implant success rates as high as 98% – despite the fact that such numbers just don’t jibe with reality. The reality is much more modest (and non-industry funded). And as we noted before, … Continue reading
In the ongoing debate over which toothbrush is better for you, power or manual, we ultimately come down on the side of “whichever you use regularly and effectively.” For some, that’s a power brush. For others, it’s manual. Some switch … Continue reading
In recognition of National Nutrition Month, the faculty of the Department of Nutrition and Exercise Science at Bastyr University recently sent out a list of tips for maintaining a well-balanced, healthy diet. It’s good stuff, reminding that nutrition isn’t just … Continue reading