All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- "Holistic dentistry" and "biological dentistry" are *not* the same thing. The difference? Check out our latest... fb.me/1wokjzB2L 3 days ago
- I posted a new photo to Facebook fb.me/3odX89PZI 5 days ago
- If you grind your teeth while you sleep, it could be a sign of sleep apnea. fb.me/8HvLN57Lz 1 week ago
- "...Even though you are born with a particular set of genes, the way you live can influence how they express... fb.me/13ab9msZ2 1 week ago
- Being mercury-free doesn't necessarily mean being symptom-free. You've got to look at the health of the... fb.me/8yOma3P00 2 weeks ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: big pharma
The FDA was founded to protect consumers from bogus medicines and other problem food and drug products. To this day, it defines it’s core mission as one of defending “public health.” But what if the proverbial fox is left to … Continue reading
As Dr. V likes to say, drugs don’t have side effects; they have effects. So what happens in a drug-driven model of medicine?
Some good news to end the week on (via ProPublica): In a major departure from industry practice, GlaxoSmithKline, the sixth-largest global drug maker, announced Tuesday that it will no longer hire doctors to promote its drugs. The company also will … Continue reading
This is news? Academics who promoted the use of antiviral drugs in the media during the 2009-10 H1N1 flu pandemic were eight times as likely to have links with the drug industry as quoted academics who didn’t comment on their … Continue reading
That, of course, is part of the point. The Case Against Antidepressants (The Week) The Antidepressant Debate (British Journal of Psychiatry) SSRI Antidepressants Are Not Medicine (SaveYourself.ca) Take a Pill, Kill Your Sex Drive? 6 Reasons Why Antidepressants Are Misnamed … Continue reading
Via emailed media release: Industry Sponsorship Leads to Bias in Reported Findings of Clinical Trials Studies reporting the results of industry sponsored clinical trials present a more favourable picture of the effects of drugs and medical devices than those reporting … Continue reading