All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- Which came first, the "cure" or the disease? fb.me/8Qu6xxPzK 3 days ago
- Nutrition isn’t just about what you eat but how you eat; your attitudes about food; your approach to eating; the... fb.me/5JTIA6iqL 4 days ago
- Maybe eventually folks will realize that American-style "sick care" isn't working. fb.me/1CQRSPVWz 5 days ago
- File under "unsurprising"... fb.me/1gN5qHphi 1 week ago
- fb.me/1QMWtb2Mr 1 week ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: Biofilm
Your morning breath may not be gnarly, but it’s still, well, morning breath. We all have it to some degree. Why? Simple: It’s the spit – or, rather, a lack of it, since we produce less while we sleep. During … Continue reading
Remember when Jessica Simpson made those comments about never brushing her teeth? (“I just use Listerine,” she said, “and sometimes I’ll use my sweater.”) Remember that South Korean TV show guest whose claim to fame was not brushing for a … Continue reading
OMG! A new study shows that when enough bacteria get together in one place, they can make a collective decision to grow an appendage and swim away. This type of behavior has been seen for the first time in marine … Continue reading
Tongue piercings may look cool, but they can really hurt your teeth and gums. To date, the main problems reported have been infection, gum damage, tooth breakage and orthodontic issues. Now we can add one more to the list: a … Continue reading
rjg329/Flickr Talk about frivolous lawsuits! Rights Juris reports: Jerry Flanory, 58, of Flint, Michigan filed a lawsuit against prison officials a few years ago. It was dismissed as “frivolous.” The Federal Appeals Court has reinstated his lawsuit against the … Continue reading
Cavities happen when microbes in the mouth multiply, colonize and assemble as biofilm on the teeth – the scummy junk we commonly call “plaque.” The metabolic byproducts of these microbes – their waste – are highly acidic and eat into … Continue reading