All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- Whether you call it CAM or integrative or functional or biological medicine, the approach is the same: You don’t... fb.me/7r5BQYodh 2 days ago
- Still relevant information that most people don’t know. Feel free to share! fb.me/8zQ6eiSg0 3 days ago
- Said one consumer, "This is Pepto Bismol disguised as happiness." fb.me/1xXXE9lnp 1 week ago
- Genes aren't destiny. They're potential. fb.me/4jzDXGCrq 1 week ago
- Think hyper-processed food especially. fb.me/20Ig91RJU 1 week ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: BPA
Originally posted January 20, 2015 Anymore, the terms “BPA” and “avoid” go hand in hand. Unfortunately, BPA and related compounds turn up in a lot of dental composite – the type of material used to make tooth-colored fillings and a … Continue reading
Anymore, the terms “BPA” and “avoid” go hand in hand. Unfortunately, BPA and related compounds turn up in a lot of dental composite – the type of material used to make tooth-colored fillings and a major alternative to mercury amalgam. … Continue reading
Sealants are done by placing a thin layer of composite as a protective coating for tooth enamel – for once it’s damaged, enamel cannot grow back. In fact, it’s the only tissue in your body that can’t regenerate itself. (You … Continue reading
From time to time, we invoke the phrase “first, do no harm,” commonly attributed to the Hippocratic Oath. But if you want to get strict about such things, this isn’t really accurate. In fact, nothing like the phrase occurs in … Continue reading
Two years ago, Pediatrics published a study on “Bisphenol A and Related Compounds in Dental Materials,” which confirmed that some sealants and composite (white) fillings release BPA. Here’s what one pediatric dentist and dental professor had to say about it … Continue reading
Can Poor Dental Health Lead to Pneumonia? (Dental Education Blog) Yale University says so. The oral systemic health study, presented this past October at the Infectious Diseases Society of America annual meeting in Boston, was headed by Dr. Samit Joshi … Continue reading
Mid-Afternoon Slump? Why a Sugar Rush May Not Be the Answer (ScienceDaily) A new study has found that protein and not sugar activates the cells responsible for keeping us awake and burning calories. The research, published in the Nov. 17 … Continue reading