All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- Yes, once upon a time, dentists thought it was a good idea to implant teeth from one human in the mouth of another. fb.me/90wGZeLQJ 2 days ago
- Over 40% of Americans think they have *no* control over whether they develop cavities or not. fb.me/2JivRMbqY 4 days ago
- Google "recently partnered with the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) and is getting deeper into the... fb.me/1feeznF5M 1 week ago
- "A Root Canal Is a Fatally Flawed Procedure" - Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc. fb.me/x1D0w94r 1 week ago
- "...'No one checks the chemical composition of the colours, but our study shows that maybe they should.' "The... fb.me/1CgsicI5e 1 week ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: Children’s health
Last month, a study published in the European Journal of Paediatric Dentistry found that composite and glass ionomer fillings failed more often than amalgam in children between the ages of 6 and 12. While most of the 300 cases the … Continue reading
The piles of candy now on display in any big box store, drug store or supermarket you enter make it easy to think it’s the only thing to give to trick-or-treating kids. But believe it or don’t, about half of … Continue reading
More Evidence That Spicing Up Broccoli Boosts Its Cancer-Fighting Power (ScienceDaily) Teaming fresh broccoli with a spicy food that contains the enzyme myrosinase significantly enhances each food’s individual cancer-fighting power and ensures that absorption takes place in the upper part … Continue reading
Once upon a time, CBS was known as “The Tiffany Network,” with a highly respected news division. Those days are long gone. For the study, published in Food & Nutrition Research, researchers at Louisiana State University tracked the health of … Continue reading
There are toxins, and then there are neurotoxins. The difference? Neurotoxins are poisons that act specifically on nerve cells. Among other things, they can damage the brain. Although we’ve known for some time that fluoride has neurotoxic effects, it still … Continue reading
Dentists Can Help Identify Diabetes (Dental Tribune International) Researchers at the Columbia University College of Dental Medicine found that dental visits represent a chance to intervene in the diabetes epidemic by identifying individuals with diabetes or pre-diabetes who are unaware … Continue reading
It’s Official: Monsanto’s Roundup Herbicide Causes Birth Defects (Red, Green & Blue) A new report by some top scientists has nailed it down, and Monsanto isn’t going to be happy. The Agri-giant has built its entire business model, including genetically … Continue reading