All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- "Holistic dentistry" and "biological dentistry" are *not* the same thing. The difference? Check out our latest... fb.me/1wokjzB2L 1 day ago
- I posted a new photo to Facebook fb.me/3odX89PZI 3 days ago
- If you grind your teeth while you sleep, it could be a sign of sleep apnea. fb.me/8HvLN57Lz 1 week ago
- "...Even though you are born with a particular set of genes, the way you live can influence how they express... fb.me/13ab9msZ2 1 week ago
- Being mercury-free doesn't necessarily mean being symptom-free. You've got to look at the health of the... fb.me/8yOma3P00 2 weeks ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: Dental hygiene
Didn’t caffeinating everything jump the shark a few years ago? Yes. Caffeinated toothpaste. Each dose is said to contain the equivalent jolt of an 8 ounce cup of coffee. The concept is that it gives you your buzz quicker since … Continue reading
Percent of Americans who don’t brush their teeth twice a day, as recommended: 40 Percent who, when they do brush, brush less than the recommended 2 minutes: 50+ Percent who never floss at all: 33 Grams of added sugar eaten … Continue reading
You know there’s a National Month or Week of nearly everything. That includes dental hygiene. And hygiene’s month is this month. So saith the American Dental Hygienists’ Association. And the Wrigley’s Gum folks. And so to the usual tip list … Continue reading
So what’s better than fluoride at preventing cavities, gum disease and other oral health issues? Quality nutrition is a big part of it – going easy on hyper-processed foods, added sugars, soft drinks and the like; going heavy on whole … Continue reading
What better time than the day after Halloween to have a National Brush Day, right? Though really, this newly declared observation is less about this and more about this which is to say not a one-day-a-year problem but an ongoing … Continue reading
Think about what your teeth are like just before you brush them. They’re probably a little on the gnarly side. Think particles of food, predigested by saliva. Think of bacterial slime coating your teeth. Think of anaerobic microbes partying in … Continue reading
If stats from a couple of dental clinics are to be believed, 75% of people don’t replace their toothbrush as often as they should. This may or may not be related to the fact that the average time between dental … Continue reading