All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- Which came first, the "cure" or the disease? fb.me/8Qu6xxPzK 3 days ago
- Nutrition isn’t just about what you eat but how you eat; your attitudes about food; your approach to eating; the... fb.me/5JTIA6iqL 4 days ago
- Maybe eventually folks will realize that American-style "sick care" isn't working. fb.me/1CQRSPVWz 5 days ago
- File under "unsurprising"... fb.me/1gN5qHphi 1 week ago
- fb.me/1QMWtb2Mr 1 week ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: dental implants
If dental nightmares are your thing, the news has been feeding you plenty lately. First came “the horror dentist,” on trial for intentional violence and fraud. “Scores of people” have filed “complaints ranging from multiple healthy teeth removed, pieces of … Continue reading
From Biosis #50: Why We Need to Address the Ground System First, Before Doing Even More Dentistry: 2 Case Histories
The Spring 2016 issue of Biosis, our quarterly newsletter, went out this week and featured the next installment of Dr. V’s multipart article on dentistry’s need to move beyond being “just another profession.” We reproduce it here in full. Dr. … Continue reading
“The dental profession’s rush to dental implants as a solution to dental needs of today’s trusting patients is overstated, overused, ill advised, and very often much abused.” – Dr. Ron Carlson Explore our archives to learn more about the issues … Continue reading
Last fall, we told you about research showing that well-maintained natural teeth tend to last longer dental implants. Yet implant dentists often boast of success rates as high as 98%. Now, new research again calls such claims into question. A … Continue reading
From a media release we received last week: Titanium implants are a wonderful option because they actually fuse with the jawbone. During the healing process, the titanium surface of the implant fuses onto the bone in a process known as … Continue reading