All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- In honor of Mercury Awareness Week... fb.me/F1tclTD3 2 days ago
- Despite the ever clearer relationships between oral and systemic health, dentists just aren’t seen as healthcare... fb.me/8FNXOzvOj 6 days ago
- And not just your teeth, but your toothbrush, too. And more. Some really amazing images - and motivation to keep... fb.me/8I9eFBvuQ 1 week ago
- Fascinating stuff! fb.me/1xBxJr7fB 1 week ago
- Prescription drugs on parade... fb.me/8YHwGbZfS 2 weeks ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: Dentistry
Oh, the news that turns up when you have Google Alerts set up for “root canals”: As if smoking were the worst of it. Broadmeadows Magistrate Court heard Muhammad Velipasaoglu smoked, spoke on the phone, didn’t wear a face mask … Continue reading
Anymore, the terms “BPA” and “avoid” go hand in hand. Unfortunately, BPA and related compounds turn up in a lot of dental composite – the type of material used to make tooth-colored fillings and a major alternative to mercury amalgam. … Continue reading
Once we saw this… …we really felt no need to watch the whole episode of Extreme Cheapskates. Sometimes, a teaser is enough. But it brought to mind another case of DIY dentistry we recently ran across in the British Dental … Continue reading
As we say, the best dentistry is the least dentistry. This – – is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much dentistry. Having a tooth pulled, a cavity filled, or even a dental cleaning can be nerve-wracking even to the most fearless and bravest … Continue reading
Here’s a breath of fresh air, courtesy of a general dentist and dental consultant over in the UK: Fluoridation – whether effective or not – isn’t really worth fighting for. The days of mass medication are surely over. People nowadays … Continue reading
From a media release we received last week: Titanium implants are a wonderful option because they actually fuse with the jawbone. During the healing process, the titanium surface of the implant fuses onto the bone in a process known as … Continue reading