All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- Which came first, the "cure" or the disease? fb.me/8Qu6xxPzK 3 days ago
- Nutrition isn’t just about what you eat but how you eat; your attitudes about food; your approach to eating; the... fb.me/5JTIA6iqL 4 days ago
- Maybe eventually folks will realize that American-style "sick care" isn't working. fb.me/1CQRSPVWz 5 days ago
- File under "unsurprising"... fb.me/1gN5qHphi 1 week ago
- fb.me/1QMWtb2Mr 1 week ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: diabetes
No such thing, if you consider that health is much more than the absence of sickness. It is wholeness. And that is a thing of nature, our essential being. Our bodies evolved to strive to maintain it. When it’s undermined, … Continue reading
Last week, to absolutely no one’s surprise, cooking show personality Paula Deen announced that, yes, she has type 2 diabetes. And what made her decide to go public now, three years after her diagnosis? As she told USA Today, “I … Continue reading
A Spoonful of Sugar Helps Your Skin Age Prematurely (New Scientist) A sweet tooth does more than pack on the pounds. It causes your skin to age prematurely, making you look older than you really are. But how much older? … Continue reading
Periodontal Disease May Aggravate Respiratory Disease (Dr. Bicuspid) The list of systemic conditions influenced by periodontal disease appears to be growing longer every day. Now a new study has found an association between respiratory disease and periodontal disease (Journal of … Continue reading
“Floss for Fertility,” Women Advised (BBC) Women who want the best chance of having a baby should make sure they floss their teeth regularly, say doctors. Poor oral health is as bad for fertility as obesity – delaying conception by … Continue reading
Dentists Can Help Identify Diabetes (Dental Tribune International) Researchers at the Columbia University College of Dental Medicine found that dental visits represent a chance to intervene in the diabetes epidemic by identifying individuals with diabetes or pre-diabetes who are unaware … Continue reading
Tamiflu Effectiveness Overstated (CBC News) A University of British Columbia professor who specializes in researching publicly approved medicines is casting doubt on the effectiveness of the anti-pandemic drug Tamiflu. Dr. Barbara Mintzes says she’s looked at the manufacturer’s own clinical … Continue reading