All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- Whether you call it CAM or integrative or functional or biological medicine, the approach is the same: You don’t... fb.me/7r5BQYodh 2 days ago
- Still relevant information that most people don’t know. Feel free to share! fb.me/8zQ6eiSg0 3 days ago
- Said one consumer, "This is Pepto Bismol disguised as happiness." fb.me/1xXXE9lnp 1 week ago
- Genes aren't destiny. They're potential. fb.me/4jzDXGCrq 1 week ago
- Think hyper-processed food especially. fb.me/20Ig91RJU 1 week ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: Exercise
The latest issue of Biosis, our quarterly newsletter, is now online. In this issue: JoAnne’s Motivational Minute: Putting Positive Thoughts to Work The other day, a patient asked me if I’m always so positive and happy. “Well, yes. And no,” … Continue reading
Exercise is one of those things we all know we should do to stay healthy. Still, most of us fail to do enough of it. In fact, only about 20% of adults meet the standard guidelines for physical activity. There … Continue reading
Classifying common traits as mental illness or medical condition: It’s not just for the psychiatric profession anymore! A physiologist has now suggested the possibility of doing just that for leading a sedentary lifestyle. Yes, really. In a Journal of Physiology … Continue reading
In the Mouth, Smoking Zaps Healthy Bacteria, Welcomes Pathogens (MedicalXpress) Despite the daily disturbance of brushing and flossing, the mouth of a healthy person contains a stable ecosystem of healthy bacteria. New research shows that the mouth of a smoker … Continue reading
Mid-Afternoon Slump? Why a Sugar Rush May Not Be the Answer (ScienceDaily) A new study has found that protein and not sugar activates the cells responsible for keeping us awake and burning calories. The research, published in the Nov. 17 … Continue reading
Dentists Don’t Really Despise Halloween (USA Today) You might think dentists would have strong feelings about Halloween. However, most don’t jump out of their skins over it. “We just want kids to be kids, and part of a kid’s life … Continue reading
Eating Your Greens Can Change the Effect of Your Genes on Heart Disease, Say Researchers (MedicalXpress) A long-held mantra suggests that you can’t change your family, the genes they pass on, or the effect of these genes. Now, an international … Continue reading