All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- In honor of Mercury Awareness Week... fb.me/F1tclTD3 2 days ago
- Despite the ever clearer relationships between oral and systemic health, dentists just aren’t seen as healthcare... fb.me/8FNXOzvOj 6 days ago
- And not just your teeth, but your toothbrush, too. And more. Some really amazing images - and motivation to keep... fb.me/8I9eFBvuQ 1 week ago
- Fascinating stuff! fb.me/1xBxJr7fB 1 week ago
- Prescription drugs on parade... fb.me/8YHwGbZfS 2 weeks ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: FDA
The FDA was founded to protect consumers from bogus medicines and other problem food and drug products. To this day, it defines it’s core mission as one of defending “public health.” But what if the proverbial fox is left to … Continue reading
In case you missed it last week in the run-up to Thanksgiving, the FDA recently announced that calorie counts will now need to be “clearly and conspicuously” posted on menus and displays in all establishments that sell prepared foods and … Continue reading
News came late last week of a couple of lawsuits you’ll want to keep an eye on. First, the IAOMT and others have filed suit against the FDA for failing to protect the public’s health against mercury exposure from dental … Continue reading
And implants are in the news yet again – today, courtesy of a new investigation by Consumer Reports, which, according to their press release, reveals that while tens of millions of American consumers live with medical devices implanted in their … Continue reading
Well, this is interesting (via New Scientist): Six scientists and doctors are now suing the FDA for intercepting their private emails and installing spyware on their computers, after they blew the whistle on problems with the approval of medical … Continue reading
Study Shows How Stress Triggers Immune System (USA Today) Shedding some light on why stress might be bad for you, a new study finds that parts of your immune system ramp up when you get into personal conflicts with others. … Continue reading
Ever wonder how mercury amalgam came to be classified as as it is by the FDA? Former FDA Advisor Mike Flemming, DDS (dental products panel 2006 & 2010) explains: More on mercury policy and politics: “An Uncertain Risk and an … Continue reading