All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- In honor of Mercury Awareness Week... fb.me/F1tclTD3 2 days ago
- Despite the ever clearer relationships between oral and systemic health, dentists just aren’t seen as healthcare... fb.me/8FNXOzvOj 6 days ago
- And not just your teeth, but your toothbrush, too. And more. Some really amazing images - and motivation to keep... fb.me/8I9eFBvuQ 1 week ago
- Fascinating stuff! fb.me/1xBxJr7fB 1 week ago
- Prescription drugs on parade... fb.me/8YHwGbZfS 2 weeks ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: fillings
Once we saw this… …we really felt no need to watch the whole episode of Extreme Cheapskates. Sometimes, a teaser is enough. But it brought to mind another case of DIY dentistry we recently ran across in the British Dental … Continue reading
The February 2011 issue of Biosis, our quarterly newsletter, is now online. In this issue: JoAnne’s Motivational Minute: Music/Magic “When you’re stressed, music can help soothe. When you’re tired, it can pep you up. Music can make you laugh as … Continue reading
Late last month, the Second Session of the World Mercury Treaty negotiations was held in Chiba, Japan. The World Alliance for Mercury-Free Dentistry (WAMFD) – a coalition of consumer organizations from around the globe – was there to advocate for … Continue reading
More from last month’s FDA hearing on dental amalgam: For more clips from the hearing, see mercurymatters’s YouTube channel.
In talking about the problem of mercury amalgam fillings, we usually focus on what happens after the restoration is done. But it’s important to recognize that exposure begins as soon as the dentist sets to work on placing, packing and … Continue reading
“Are Amalgam’s Days Numbered?” asks a recent opinion piece…er, article on DrBicuspid.com: While the Bush administration long opposed any legally binding measures on mercury, the Obama administration is taking a very different tack. A global crackdown on its use – … Continue reading
Finizio/Flickr What’s the best material for treating filling cavities in your children’s teeth? According to a recent research review in The Cochrane Library, nobody really knows. So far, there is a not a clear winner among the types of fillings … Continue reading