All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- Which came first, the "cure" or the disease? fb.me/8Qu6xxPzK 3 days ago
- Nutrition isn’t just about what you eat but how you eat; your attitudes about food; your approach to eating; the... fb.me/5JTIA6iqL 4 days ago
- Maybe eventually folks will realize that American-style "sick care" isn't working. fb.me/1CQRSPVWz 5 days ago
- File under "unsurprising"... fb.me/1gN5qHphi 1 week ago
- fb.me/1QMWtb2Mr 1 week ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: flossing
Thank you to everyone who entered our drawing for a brand new Waterpik Aquarius Professional Water Flosser. We dropped all the names into a hat and picked one from the bunch. And the winner is (drumroll)…Stephanie Grisales! Congratulations, Stephanie! Even … Continue reading
Thanks to electron microscopy… Yep, that’s what floss looks like, up close and personal, after it’s scraped the sides of your teeth, breaking up the biofilm (plaque) no toothbrush can reach. Previously
So what’s better than fluoride at preventing cavities, gum disease and other oral health issues? Quality nutrition is a big part of it – going easy on hyper-processed foods, added sugars, soft drinks and the like; going heavy on whole … Continue reading
Think about what your teeth are like just before you brush them. They’re probably a little on the gnarly side. Think particles of food, predigested by saliva. Think of bacterial slime coating your teeth. Think of anaerobic microbes partying in … Continue reading
The gentleman obviously takes pride in his teeth: I get my teeth cleaned every six months. I also brush and floss my teeth several times a day. As a result, I’ve grown accustomed to hearing nothing but praise from the … Continue reading
Remember when Jessica Simpson made those comments about never brushing her teeth? (“I just use Listerine,” she said, “and sometimes I’ll use my sweater.”) Remember that South Korean TV show guest whose claim to fame was not brushing for a … Continue reading