All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- The times, they are a-changin'... fb.me/3LK5DGGic 3 days ago
- More about the smoke... fb.me/1KJZDtol3 5 days ago
- fb.me/EsQcb3FA 1 week ago
- Stay inside. Wildfires making the Modesto air dangerous to breathe. fb.me/1HcrxVv0j 1 week ago
- “80 to 90 percent of systemic problems are caused or influenced by the oral cavity, tonsils, and sinuses." - Dr.... fb.me/14niKvZwk 1 week ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: Food
Modern Industrial Foods & Their Effects on the Human BodyWhat’s modern farming doing to our food? This recent article from the Natural Medicine Journal explores the health impact of modern interventions commonly used in the food industry – GM crops, … Continue reading
No doubt this was in response to epidemic of kale damage that dentists have been seeing: Among them, allegedly, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, apples, beans, nuts and granola (which isn’t usually all that “healthy” anyway, but this potential sugar bomb sports … Continue reading
Sugar consumption has skyrocketed over the last century. US per capita consumption now stands at 180 pounds a year, fueling all manner of chronic illness in adults and children alike. Sugar is big business. And like all big businesses, the … Continue reading
The February 2014 issue of Biosis, our quarterly newsletter, is now online. In this issue: JoAnne’s Motivational Minute: Stewards of the Earth Our current drought can remind us to never take nature’s customary abundance for granted. And it may lead … Continue reading
Here’s a classroom activity we ran across recently for teaching kids the difference between tooth-friendly and not-so-tooth-friendly foods. See a problem anywhere? It’s not so much exaggeration to say that Wheat Thins aren’t a whole lot better than those cookies … Continue reading
Our bodies are not designed to eat the kind of highly processed products sold by the giant food corporations, nor the synthetic chemical residues that cling to industrially raised produce, meat and dairy, nor genetically engineered foods that would never … Continue reading
Ah, the bounty of the typical American grocery store! Percent of cereal sales controlled by Kellogg, General Mills, PepsiCo and Post Foods: 79.9 Percent of cracker sales controlled by Mondelez International (formerly Kraft), Kellogg and Campbell Soup: 76.5 Percent of … Continue reading