All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- "Holistic dentistry" and "biological dentistry" are *not* the same thing. The difference? Check out our latest... fb.me/1wokjzB2L 1 day ago
- I posted a new photo to Facebook fb.me/3odX89PZI 3 days ago
- If you grind your teeth while you sleep, it could be a sign of sleep apnea. fb.me/8HvLN57Lz 1 week ago
- "...Even though you are born with a particular set of genes, the way you live can influence how they express... fb.me/13ab9msZ2 1 week ago
- Being mercury-free doesn't necessarily mean being symptom-free. You've got to look at the health of the... fb.me/8yOma3P00 2 weeks ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: inflammation
No sooner had we started to write about this – when an email alert popped up with news of this – Is it any wonder why people think health news can sometimes be crazy-making? Over the past few years, research … Continue reading
Gum disease has been linked to heart disease, diabetes, stroke, osteoporosis, respiratory diseases and cancer. Research continues to suggest that where there’s inflammation, oral bacteria may also be found – even in seemingly strange places such as knees and other … Continue reading
Consider this recent story from io9: It’s true: The idea that a tooth dropped in soda will dissolve overnight is an urban legend. But does this mean that soda doesn’t damage your teeth? Nope. Evidence consistently shows that soft drinks … Continue reading
Healthy People Don’t Need Aspirin to Prevent Heart Disease (HuffPo) Healthy people shouldn’t be taking aspirin to prevent heart disease, researchers say in a new report that casts doubt on recommendations from U.S. health officials. * * * [Dr. Kausik] … Continue reading
Dentists Don’t Really Despise Halloween (USA Today) You might think dentists would have strong feelings about Halloween. However, most don’t jump out of their skins over it. “We just want kids to be kids, and part of a kid’s life … Continue reading
“Open Wide” for New Stem Cell Potential (ScienceDaily) While highly potent embryonic stem cells are often the subject of ethical and safety controversy, adult-derived stem cells have other problems. As we age, our stem cells are less pliant and less … Continue reading