All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- Which came first, the "cure" or the disease? fb.me/8Qu6xxPzK 3 days ago
- Nutrition isn’t just about what you eat but how you eat; your attitudes about food; your approach to eating; the... fb.me/5JTIA6iqL 4 days ago
- Maybe eventually folks will realize that American-style "sick care" isn't working. fb.me/1CQRSPVWz 5 days ago
- File under "unsurprising"... fb.me/1gN5qHphi 1 week ago
- fb.me/1QMWtb2Mr 1 week ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: Informed Consent
“Have you ever seen this stat before?” Dr. V recently asked, showing us an image he’d recently seen on Facebook. A survey conducted by the American Academy of Periodontology found that over 70 percent of respondents reported being “pleased” or … Continue reading →
One of biological dentistry’s most outspoken practitioners and advocates peacefully passed away this past weekend: Dr. Hal Huggins. Dr. Huggins received his DDS degree over 50 years ago at the University of Nebraska and practiced for decades in Colorado Springs. … Continue reading →
Percent of Americans who don’t know that mercury is the main component of “silver” amalgam dental fillings: 57 Percent who are ever told by their dentists that “silver” fillings contain mostly mercury: 11 Percent of Americans who don’t think their … Continue reading →
Percent of Americans who’d seek a second opinion for a major home repair: 70 Percent who’d do so for a major car repair: >50 Percent who’d do so for dental work: 6 Is this really so surprising? After all, second … Continue reading →
When it comes to the matter of vaccinations, informed consent often seems to fall by the wayside. We’ve noted this before with respect to the annual flu shot hype. The dominant media message insists on how important it is to … Continue reading →
As we were taking a look back at the first 5 years of this blog, maybe you heard a little something about a certain celebrity who had a “preventive” double mastectomy. How “brave” and “heroic”, folks said of Angelina Jolie’s … Continue reading →
When someone’s trying to sell you something, chances are you’ll hear nothing but positives about it – all of its benefits, none of its drawbacks. After all, negatives might jeopardize the sale. Why risk losing it, right? We all “know” … Continue reading →