All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- In honor of Mercury Awareness Week... fb.me/F1tclTD3 2 days ago
- Despite the ever clearer relationships between oral and systemic health, dentists just aren’t seen as healthcare... fb.me/8FNXOzvOj 6 days ago
- And not just your teeth, but your toothbrush, too. And more. Some really amazing images - and motivation to keep... fb.me/8I9eFBvuQ 1 week ago
- Fascinating stuff! fb.me/1xBxJr7fB 1 week ago
- Prescription drugs on parade... fb.me/8YHwGbZfS 2 weeks ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: Mercury
This week marks the fifth annual Mercury-Free Dentistry Week, a campaign coordinated by Dr. Mercola and Consumers for Dental Choice to raise awareness of dental amalgam’s toxic burden, the alternative of biological dentistry, and the promise of a mercury-free future. … Continue reading
Anymore, the terms “BPA” and “avoid” go hand in hand. Unfortunately, BPA and related compounds turn up in a lot of dental composite – the type of material used to make tooth-colored fillings and a major alternative to mercury amalgam. … Continue reading
Dental mercury is an issue that affects all of us – even those of us who have never had an amalgam filling put in our mouths. For dentistry is the single largest source of the mercury that pollutes our public … Continue reading
Sometimes, you can’t help but wonder if dental mercury’s defenders operate on the belief that if you say something over and over and over and over and over and over again, repetition shall make it so: Yawn. But let’s pretend … Continue reading
News came late last week of a couple of lawsuits you’ll want to keep an eye on. First, the IAOMT and others have filed suit against the FDA for failing to protect the public’s health against mercury exposure from dental … Continue reading
Long-time readers of this blog may remember amalgam defender Dr. Rod Mackert from previous posts. He remains a paragon of consistency, continuing to insist that mercury fillings are entirely “safe.” But he did manage to plant his soapbox in a … Continue reading