All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- Whether you call it CAM or integrative or functional or biological medicine, the approach is the same: You don’t... fb.me/7r5BQYodh 2 days ago
- Still relevant information that most people don’t know. Feel free to share! fb.me/8zQ6eiSg0 3 days ago
- Said one consumer, "This is Pepto Bismol disguised as happiness." fb.me/1xXXE9lnp 1 week ago
- Genes aren't destiny. They're potential. fb.me/4jzDXGCrq 1 week ago
- Think hyper-processed food especially. fb.me/20Ig91RJU 1 week ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: Obesity
A couple years ago, Dr. Robert Lustig startled many with “The Toxic Truth About Sugar,” arguing in the prestigious science journal Nature that it should be regulated like alcohol. A year later, an Australian research team made a case for … Continue reading
Often it happens that soon after we post on one topic or another, we stumble upon related material and think, “Damn, wish we could’ve included that in the post!” A few such item we’ve bookmarked in recent weeks: After “News … Continue reading
What makes something a disease? Apparently, enough doctors agreeing that it’s a disease. Last week, the American Medical Association decided that we’d all be better served if obesity were recognized as one. And one third of the American population was … Continue reading
No sooner had we started to write about this – when an email alert popped up with news of this – Is it any wonder why people think health news can sometimes be crazy-making? Over the past few years, research … Continue reading
Read Dr. Lustig’s noted Nature article “The Toxic Truth About Sugar”
Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead is kind of the flipside of Supersize Me – what happens after you start putting good stuff into your body instead of bad. Here’s the complete film – with ads, unfortunately, but it’s well worth … Continue reading
Healthy People Don’t Need Aspirin to Prevent Heart Disease (HuffPo) Healthy people shouldn’t be taking aspirin to prevent heart disease, researchers say in a new report that casts doubt on recommendations from U.S. health officials. * * * [Dr. Kausik] … Continue reading