All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- "Holistic dentistry" and "biological dentistry" are *not* the same thing. The difference? Check out our latest... fb.me/1wokjzB2L 3 days ago
- I posted a new photo to Facebook fb.me/3odX89PZI 5 days ago
- If you grind your teeth while you sleep, it could be a sign of sleep apnea. fb.me/8HvLN57Lz 1 week ago
- "...Even though you are born with a particular set of genes, the way you live can influence how they express... fb.me/13ab9msZ2 1 week ago
- Being mercury-free doesn't necessarily mean being symptom-free. You've got to look at the health of the... fb.me/8yOma3P00 2 weeks ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: oral health
If you smoke, you’re pretty much guaranteed gum disease. And, of course, your risk of a whole host of chronic, systemic illnesses soars. But just because you’re a nonsmoker, your gums don’t necessarily get a free pass. Despite smoking rates … Continue reading
Another year, another National Root Canal Awareness Week…and rather than rehash – because what’s there to say about this auspicious event that we’ve not said before? – we want to share with you what remains one of the best documentaries … Continue reading
Like other chronic diseases, dental caries – tooth decay – is largely preventable. With that in mind, read it and weep: Over 40% of more than 1,000 U.S. adults surveyed believe they have little or no control over whether they … Continue reading
A naturopathic view:
We’ve said it before: If you want to spend a lot of money on dental care, one of the best things you can do is avoid going to the dentist. Now NASCAR driver Danica Patrick is making much the same … Continue reading
Over the past several years, we’ve heard more and more about xylitol as a means of preventing cavities. Does it work? As our regular readers know, the evidence has seemed mixed at best. A new Cochrane review of the research … Continue reading