All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- Yes, once upon a time, dentists thought it was a good idea to implant teeth from one human in the mouth of another. fb.me/90wGZeLQJ 2 days ago
- Over 40% of Americans think they have *no* control over whether they develop cavities or not. fb.me/2JivRMbqY 4 days ago
- Google "recently partnered with the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) and is getting deeper into the... fb.me/1feeznF5M 1 week ago
- "A Root Canal Is a Fatally Flawed Procedure" - Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc. fb.me/x1D0w94r 1 week ago
- "...'No one checks the chemical composition of the colours, but our study shows that maybe they should.' "The... fb.me/1CgsicI5e 1 week ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: oral hygiene
Though the standard advice is to never (ever, ever, ever, ever) share your toothbrush, some people will do it anyway. One British survey, for instance, found that 24% would share with their partner (6% with a celebrity). Another found that … Continue reading
We don’t often write about, let alone recommend, specific products on this blog. But sometimes a product impresses us so much, we can’t imagine not telling you about it. Case in point, a new toothbrush that was recently recommended to … Continue reading
In case you missed it, Ikea’s head of sustainability recently got some attention when he noted that we seem to have hit the era of “peak stuff.” “If we look at a global basis, in the West we probably hit … Continue reading
Since oil pulling turned trendy last year, research has continued to show that it works – and that it works with a variety of different oils, though sesame, as noted before, has been the traditional go-to oil. But it may … Continue reading
Just a quick reminder that this week is the deadline to enter our drawing for a free Waterpik Aquarius Professional Water Flosser – this Thursday, March 12, to be exact. This nifty tool normally retails for $80 and is an … Continue reading
Let’s face it: Most people don’t floss regularly. Why else would things like this and this be at all funny? Yet that simple fact goes a long way toward explaining why periodontal (gum) disease is so rampant. As many as … Continue reading
For a long time, the choice between manual and powered brushes was mainly one of personal preference. Now, more evidence suggests that when it comes to breaking up oral biofilm (plaque), powered brushes may in fact be more effective. The … Continue reading