All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- More about the smoke... fb.me/1KJZDtol3 1 day ago
- fb.me/EsQcb3FA 4 days ago
- Stay inside. Wildfires making the Modesto air dangerous to breathe. fb.me/1HcrxVv0j 6 days ago
- “80 to 90 percent of systemic problems are caused or influenced by the oral cavity, tonsils, and sinuses." - Dr.... fb.me/14niKvZwk 1 week ago
- It's that time of year again... fb.me/6S0WslaHD 1 week ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: Pain
No kind of pain is pleasant, but tooth pain can be a special kind of hurt. To wit: A Swedish convict was so desperate to get rid of his toothache that he escaped from prison to visit a dentist. * … Continue reading
Can Poor Dental Health Lead to Pneumonia? (Dental Education Blog) Yale University says so. The oral systemic health study, presented this past October at the Infectious Diseases Society of America annual meeting in Boston, was headed by Dr. Samit Joshi … Continue reading
Environmental Pollutants Lurk Long After They “Disappear” (ScienceDaily) The health implications of polluting the environment weigh increasingly on our public consciousness, and pharmaceutical wastes continue to be a main culprit. Now a Tel Aviv University researcher says that current testing … Continue reading
Study Suggests Lifestyle Linked to Some Alzheimer’s (San Jose Mercury News) A provocative new analysis identifies the biggest risk factors for Alzheimer’s disease – and concludes that more than half of all cases are potentially preventable through simple lifestyle changes, … Continue reading
“Bad” Cholesterol Not as Bad as People Think, Study Shows (ScienceDaily) The so-called “bad cholesterol” – low-density lipoprotein commonly called LDL – may not be so bad after all, shows a Texas A&M University study that casts new light on … Continue reading
Tamiflu Effectiveness Overstated (CBC News) A University of British Columbia professor who specializes in researching publicly approved medicines is casting doubt on the effectiveness of the anti-pandemic drug Tamiflu. Dr. Barbara Mintzes says she’s looked at the manufacturer’s own clinical … Continue reading