All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- Which came first, the "cure" or the disease? fb.me/8Qu6xxPzK 3 days ago
- Nutrition isn’t just about what you eat but how you eat; your attitudes about food; your approach to eating; the... fb.me/5JTIA6iqL 4 days ago
- Maybe eventually folks will realize that American-style "sick care" isn't working. fb.me/1CQRSPVWz 5 days ago
- File under "unsurprising"... fb.me/1gN5qHphi 1 week ago
- fb.me/1QMWtb2Mr 1 week ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: periodontal disease
As Dr. V likes to say, the best teeth are the ones you’re born with. No restorative material can compare. Sure, there are plenty of good options for when a tooth must be repaired or replaced. But no dental restoration … Continue reading
There’s a new, small study out suggesting that “essential oil mouth rinse” may not improve your periodontal health all that much if you’re already pretty diligent with your hygiene. So are essential oils just a kind of gimmick? It depends … Continue reading
Periodontal Disease May Aggravate Respiratory Disease (Dr. Bicuspid) The list of systemic conditions influenced by periodontal disease appears to be growing longer every day. Now a new study has found an association between respiratory disease and periodontal disease (Journal of … Continue reading
Receding gums are a real problem for many – and not just for aesthetic reasons. The hard enamel covering the visible part of your teeth doesn’t extend to the roots. Those are covered by a much softer, permeable material called … Continue reading
Percent of Americans who would be “most disturbed” if their romantic partner went without deodorant for a week: 24 Percent who would be “most disturbed” if they went without brushing or flossing for a week: 59 Percent of Americans who … Continue reading
Mouth as the Gateway to Your Body (MedicalXpress) After cleaning your mouth, plaque begins forming before your brush even hits the cup. A key to plaque formation, said Yiping W. Han, a professor of periodontics at Case Western Reserve University … Continue reading