All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- Whether you call it CAM or integrative or functional or biological medicine, the approach is the same: You don’t... fb.me/7r5BQYodh 2 days ago
- Still relevant information that most people don’t know. Feel free to share! fb.me/8zQ6eiSg0 3 days ago
- Said one consumer, "This is Pepto Bismol disguised as happiness." fb.me/1xXXE9lnp 1 week ago
- Genes aren't destiny. They're potential. fb.me/4jzDXGCrq 1 week ago
- Think hyper-processed food especially. fb.me/20Ig91RJU 1 week ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: Periodontal health
If you smoke, you’re pretty much guaranteed gum disease. And, of course, your risk of a whole host of chronic, systemic illnesses soars. But just because you’re a nonsmoker, your gums don’t necessarily get a free pass. Despite smoking rates … Continue reading
Exercise is one of those things we all know we should do to stay healthy. Still, most of us fail to do enough of it. In fact, only about 20% of adults meet the standard guidelines for physical activity. There … Continue reading
Thank you to Pride Dental for letting us share this post from their office blog. View original post. Green tea mouthwash may help ease pain caused by the swelling of oral tissue. That’s according to a small but promising study … Continue reading
The coffee that’s supposed to be so horrible for your teeth and gums? It may not be quite that horrible at all. Oh, sure, it can stain the heck out of ’em. And if you like to drink it loaded … Continue reading
If you want to wreck your gums and lose your teeth, smoking is a darn good way to do it. How strong is the association between tobacco use and gum disease? Although most studies report smoking to increase the risk … Continue reading
No sooner had we started to write about this – when an email alert popped up with news of this – Is it any wonder why people think health news can sometimes be crazy-making? Over the past few years, research … Continue reading
The November 2012 Biosis, Dr. Verigin’s quarterly newsletter, is now online. In this issue: JoAnne’s Motivational Minute: Feeding Your Brain Our self-talk is important! Most of us wouldn’t think of going a day without feeding our bodies with nourishing food. … Continue reading