All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- I posted a new photo to Facebook fb.me/IZuXzUI7 6 hours ago
- A reminder of why it's so important to consistently attend to the health of your biological terrain... fb.me/Pi5i03QE 1 week ago
- A Toothpaste Too Good to Be True? - Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc. fb.me/72BzMmz4H 1 week ago
- A good overview of an important concept in Biological Medicine: fb.me/GmAYSqD5 1 week ago
- Two words: Colgate lasagne. fb.me/6aYjQrUKm 2 weeks ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: Preventive dentistry
The ADA: The American Dental Association unreservedly endorses the fluoridation of community water supplies as safe, effective and necessary in preventing tooth decay. The CDC: Fluoridation of community drinking water is a major factor responsible for the decline in dental … Continue reading
Like other chronic diseases, dental caries – tooth decay – is largely preventable. With that in mind, read it and weep: Over 40% of more than 1,000 U.S. adults surveyed believe they have little or no control over whether they … Continue reading
The August 2015 issue of Biosis, our quarterly newsletter, is now online. For this issue, we’re stepping away from our usual format to share, in full, the latest installment in Dr. V’s ongoing series on the need for truly comprehensive … Continue reading
We’ve said it before: If you want to spend a lot of money on dental care, one of the best things you can do is avoid going to the dentist. Now NASCAR driver Danica Patrick is making much the same … Continue reading
By Gary M. Verigin, DDS, CTN Originally published in Biosis (Issue #7) For Halloween 1973, I had a bumper sticker made to hand out to trick-or-treaters. It said, “Eat Sugar and White Flour – Support Your Local Dentist and Physician.” … Continue reading
Originally posted March 1, 2010 A few months ago, one of our dental team members was out shopping when a store manager, not knowing her occupation, asked if she had any good tips for dealing with a toothache. One of … Continue reading