All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- Which came first, the "cure" or the disease? fb.me/8Qu6xxPzK 3 days ago
- Nutrition isn’t just about what you eat but how you eat; your attitudes about food; your approach to eating; the... fb.me/5JTIA6iqL 4 days ago
- Maybe eventually folks will realize that American-style "sick care" isn't working. fb.me/1CQRSPVWz 5 days ago
- File under "unsurprising"... fb.me/1gN5qHphi 1 week ago
- fb.me/1QMWtb2Mr 1 week ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: public health
We’re not exactly sure why a fluoride pump that broke three years ago has only now become news in Corpus Christi, but become news it has. According to the city’s Water Quality Manager, “the city hopes to have a new … Continue reading
A couple of quick items from the fluoride front… Fluoridation: “A Public Health Hazard” Reviewing the research on the human health effects of fluoride, a new paper in the Scientific World Journal concludes that the potential damage from ingestion outweighs … Continue reading
Here’s a breath of fresh air, courtesy of a general dentist and dental consultant over in the UK: Fluoridation – whether effective or not – isn’t really worth fighting for. The days of mass medication are surely over. People nowadays … Continue reading
Back in June, we told you about a pair of fluoride fights up in Yolo County. Earlier this month, the Davis City Council rejected fluoridation by a vote of 4 to 1. Councilwoman Rochelle Swanson’s comments, reported by the Sacramento … Continue reading
Last month, Portlanders again rejected fluoridation – for the fourth time since 1956. Whether for health concerns, environmental concerns, ethical principles or some other reason, voters have made their views plain. Surely, the city has more important things to do … Continue reading
If Big Food thinks the kind of regulation Robert Lustig proposed for sugar is a bit much, perhaps they’d like warning labels on soft drinks instead. A new study published in the American Journal of Public Health suggests sugar-sweetened beverages, … Continue reading