All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- "Holistic dentistry" and "biological dentistry" are *not* the same thing. The difference? Check out our latest... fb.me/1wokjzB2L 3 days ago
- I posted a new photo to Facebook fb.me/3odX89PZI 5 days ago
- If you grind your teeth while you sleep, it could be a sign of sleep apnea. fb.me/8HvLN57Lz 1 week ago
- "...Even though you are born with a particular set of genes, the way you live can influence how they express... fb.me/13ab9msZ2 1 week ago
- Being mercury-free doesn't necessarily mean being symptom-free. You've got to look at the health of the... fb.me/8yOma3P00 2 weeks ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: Restorative dentistry
Be afraid. Be very afraid. (Seriously, this is NOT for the squeamish.)) The “monster cavity” is just the beginning. That filling in it? “Silver” only by color and name. Dental amalgam is actually about 50% mercury. And it’s being removed … Continue reading
Let’s face it: Periodontal treatment is expensive. And considering how many people suffer from some degree of gum disease – up to 75% of the US adult population – it’s an expense that lots of us may face at some … Continue reading
It’s easy to understand why dental implants appeal. Aesthetically and functionally, they seem the next best thing to natural teeth. You don’t have to take them out or use special tools to clean them, and they last a long … Continue reading
The conclusion of dental materials expert Jess Clifford’s talk on biocompatibility testing (see part one here):
Dental materials experct Jess Clifford gives an overview of biocompatibility testing:
Cosmetic dentistry has its place, but as we’ve written before, it’s too often overdone, with aesthetics taking a backseat to health. Recently, we ran across a similar critique, written by a dental consultant for the Faculty Dental Journal. We think … Continue reading