All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- Yes, once upon a time, dentists thought it was a good idea to implant teeth from one human in the mouth of another. fb.me/90wGZeLQJ 2 days ago
- Over 40% of Americans think they have *no* control over whether they develop cavities or not. fb.me/2JivRMbqY 4 days ago
- Google "recently partnered with the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) and is getting deeper into the... fb.me/1feeznF5M 1 week ago
- "A Root Canal Is a Fatally Flawed Procedure" - Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc. fb.me/x1D0w94r 1 week ago
- "...'No one checks the chemical composition of the colours, but our study shows that maybe they should.' "The... fb.me/1CgsicI5e 1 week ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: silver fillings
source Not that thinking something is “safe enough” actually makes it so. As the United Nations Environment Programme, among others, has shown, there is no such thing as a safe level of exposure to this most potent of neurotoxins. And … Continue reading
Be afraid. Be very afraid. (Seriously, this is NOT for the squeamish.)) The “monster cavity” is just the beginning. That filling in it? “Silver” only by color and name. Dental amalgam is actually about 50% mercury. And it’s being removed … Continue reading
We’re glad to see Dr. Mercola and Consumers for Dental Choice teaming up once again for Mercury-Free Dentistry Week. Until amalgam is finally abandoned as archaic and unsafe, this kind of educational outreach and call-to-action is vitally important. We encourage … Continue reading
Two years ago, Pediatrics published a study on “Bisphenol A and Related Compounds in Dental Materials,” which confirmed that some sealants and composite (white) fillings release BPA. Here’s what one pediatric dentist and dental professor had to say about it … Continue reading
Half a dozen years ago, JAMA published a pair of studies widely and consistently touted as “proving” the safety of mercury amalgam fillings – this, despite flaws we (and others) have discussed before and despite the ethical problem inherent in … Continue reading
One reason often given to justify the continued use of mercury in dental fillings is that it’s cheaper to place than composite – which is true if you just look at the price tag and ignore external costs. Externality: A … Continue reading