All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- Whether you call it CAM or integrative or functional or biological medicine, the approach is the same: You don’t... fb.me/7r5BQYodh 2 days ago
- Still relevant information that most people don’t know. Feel free to share! fb.me/8zQ6eiSg0 3 days ago
- Said one consumer, "This is Pepto Bismol disguised as happiness." fb.me/1xXXE9lnp 1 week ago
- Genes aren't destiny. They're potential. fb.me/4jzDXGCrq 1 week ago
- Think hyper-processed food especially. fb.me/20Ig91RJU 1 week ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: sleep
Sleep may no longer be, as Dr. Ellen Hughes once put it, “the forgotten key to health and wellness,” at least not among researchers. Through recent years, there have been quite a few interesting studies on the impact of sleep … Continue reading
If you want to wreck your gums and lose your teeth, smoking is a darn good way to do it. How strong is the association between tobacco use and gum disease? Although most studies report smoking to increase the risk … Continue reading
Periodontal Disease May Aggravate Respiratory Disease (Dr. Bicuspid) The list of systemic conditions influenced by periodontal disease appears to be growing longer every day. Now a new study has found an association between respiratory disease and periodontal disease (Journal of … Continue reading
Study Suggests Lifestyle Linked to Some Alzheimer’s (San Jose Mercury News) A provocative new analysis identifies the biggest risk factors for Alzheimer’s disease – and concludes that more than half of all cases are potentially preventable through simple lifestyle changes, … Continue reading
“Bad” Cholesterol Not as Bad as People Think, Study Shows (ScienceDaily) The so-called “bad cholesterol” – low-density lipoprotein commonly called LDL – may not be so bad after all, shows a Texas A&M University study that casts new light on … Continue reading