All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- More about the smoke... fb.me/1KJZDtol3 11 hours ago
- fb.me/EsQcb3FA 3 days ago
- Stay inside. Wildfires making the Modesto air dangerous to breathe. fb.me/1HcrxVv0j 5 days ago
- “80 to 90 percent of systemic problems are caused or influenced by the oral cavity, tonsils, and sinuses." - Dr.... fb.me/14niKvZwk 6 days ago
- It's that time of year again... fb.me/6S0WslaHD 1 week ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: soda
The November 2014 issue of Biosis, our quarterly newsletter, is now online. In this issue: JoAnne’s Motivational Minute: Responsible Optimism The sound of rain on the roof was a common one when I was a kid growing up on the … Continue reading
Hold onto your hats and glasses, folks! A study just published in the Journal of Dentistry finds that… Wait for it… Wait for it… Wait for it… Sugary drinks cause cavities in adults. And the more you drink, the higher … Continue reading
If Big Food thinks the kind of regulation Robert Lustig proposed for sugar is a bit much, perhaps they’d like warning labels on soft drinks instead. A new study published in the American Journal of Public Health suggests sugar-sweetened beverages, … Continue reading
Late last year, the LA Times ran a fascinating series on the rise in lethal yet legally prescribed prescription drugs. One pain specialist they interviewed had 16 patients die from drugs he had authorized – the highest total among doctors … Continue reading
Fruit juice is tasty stuff – but did you know that many juices contain more sugar than soda? Really and truly. For instance, 12 ounces of Coke contain 40 grams of sugar; 12 ounces of apple juice, 42 grams. Grape … Continue reading
Environmental Pollutants Lurk Long After They “Disappear” (ScienceDaily) The health implications of polluting the environment weigh increasingly on our public consciousness, and pharmaceutical wastes continue to be a main culprit. Now a Tel Aviv University researcher says that current testing … Continue reading
Study Says Cholesterol Doesn’t Cause Stroke (Diet Blog) A new study published in the journal Annals of Neurology suggests that cholesterol has little or no causative role to play in the development of ischaemic stroke. * * * 14,000 men … Continue reading