All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- In honor of Mercury Awareness Week... fb.me/F1tclTD3 2 days ago
- Despite the ever clearer relationships between oral and systemic health, dentists just aren’t seen as healthcare... fb.me/8FNXOzvOj 6 days ago
- And not just your teeth, but your toothbrush, too. And more. Some really amazing images - and motivation to keep... fb.me/8I9eFBvuQ 1 week ago
- Fascinating stuff! fb.me/1xBxJr7fB 1 week ago
- Prescription drugs on parade... fb.me/8YHwGbZfS 2 weeks ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: tooth decay
The ADA: The American Dental Association unreservedly endorses the fluoridation of community water supplies as safe, effective and necessary in preventing tooth decay. The CDC: Fluoridation of community drinking water is a major factor responsible for the decline in dental … Continue reading
Like other chronic diseases, dental caries – tooth decay – is largely preventable. With that in mind, read it and weep: Over 40% of more than 1,000 U.S. adults surveyed believe they have little or no control over whether they … Continue reading
Some things don’t need a click-baity title to make you sit up and pay attention – such as an argument against fluoride from what appears to be an overall pro-fluoride position. We’ve seen it at least once before, but another … Continue reading
We’re not exactly sure why a fluoride pump that broke three years ago has only now become news in Corpus Christi, but become news it has. According to the city’s Water Quality Manager, “the city hopes to have a new … Continue reading
Recently, we ran across a not-very-surprising-yet-kind-of-interesting study published earlier this year in Caries Research. The “no surprise” part is that it confirmed the role for sucrose – ordinary table sugar – in tooth decay. Evaluating a group of children over … Continue reading
Percent of Americans who don’t brush their teeth twice a day, as recommended: 40 Percent who, when they do brush, brush less than the recommended 2 minutes: 50+ Percent who never floss at all: 33 Grams of added sugar eaten … Continue reading