All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- In honor of Mercury Awareness Week... fb.me/F1tclTD3 2 days ago
- Despite the ever clearer relationships between oral and systemic health, dentists just aren’t seen as healthcare... fb.me/8FNXOzvOj 6 days ago
- And not just your teeth, but your toothbrush, too. And more. Some really amazing images - and motivation to keep... fb.me/8I9eFBvuQ 1 week ago
- Fascinating stuff! fb.me/1xBxJr7fB 1 week ago
- Prescription drugs on parade... fb.me/8YHwGbZfS 2 weeks ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: toothbrushing
We don’t often write about, let alone recommend, specific products on this blog. But sometimes a product impresses us so much, we can’t imagine not telling you about it. Case in point, a new toothbrush that was recently recommended to … Continue reading
For a long time, the choice between manual and powered brushes was mainly one of personal preference. Now, more evidence suggests that when it comes to breaking up oral biofilm (plaque), powered brushes may in fact be more effective. The … Continue reading
So what’s better than fluoride at preventing cavities, gum disease and other oral health issues? Quality nutrition is a big part of it – going easy on hyper-processed foods, added sugars, soft drinks and the like; going heavy on whole … Continue reading
What better time than the day after Halloween to have a National Brush Day, right? Though really, this newly declared observation is less about this and more about this which is to say not a one-day-a-year problem but an ongoing … Continue reading
Think about what your teeth are like just before you brush them. They’re probably a little on the gnarly side. Think particles of food, predigested by saliva. Think of bacterial slime coating your teeth. Think of anaerobic microbes partying in … Continue reading
So just how common is the advice of twice yearly dental visits? Shortly after we learned about the study challenging this acorn, we ran across this list of ways you may unknowingly be “hurting your teeth.” Skipping dental visits is … Continue reading
If stats from a couple of dental clinics are to be believed, 75% of people don’t replace their toothbrush as often as they should. This may or may not be related to the fact that the average time between dental … Continue reading