All comments are held for review and may be edited by our staff prior to posting. This is a moderated forum.
We regret that we cannot comment or offer advice on specific dental health situations here. Give us a call at our office instead: 209-838-3522.
This blog is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for individual health, fitness or medical advice.
© Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc.
- I posted a new photo to Facebook fb.me/IZuXzUI7 6 hours ago
- A reminder of why it's so important to consistently attend to the health of your biological terrain... fb.me/Pi5i03QE 1 week ago
- A Toothpaste Too Good to Be True? - Gary M. Verigin, DDS, inc. fb.me/72BzMmz4H 1 week ago
- A good overview of an important concept in Biological Medicine: fb.me/GmAYSqD5 1 week ago
- Two words: Colgate lasagne. fb.me/6aYjQrUKm 2 weeks ago
- alternative medicine amalgam amalgam fillings antibiotics big pharma Biofilm Biological Dentistry biological terrain BPA brain health Cancer caries Cavitations cavities Children's health chronic illness cosmetic dentistry dental amalgam Dental health Dental hygiene dental implants Dentistry diabetes diet Drugs economy Environmental Health environmental toxins Exercise FDA fillings flossing fluoridation Fluoride flu shots focal infection Food gum disease healing health heart disease holistic dentistry holistic health inflammation Informed Consent Mental Health Mercury mercury fillings mercury toxicity Nutrition Obesity oral bacteria oral health oral hygiene Orthodontics Pain periodontal disease Periodontal health periodontitis pesticides Preventive dentistry public health Restorative dentistry Root canals silver fillings sleep Stress sugar teeth toothbrushing tooth decay toothpaste toxins vaccines Wellness
Tag Archives: toothpaste
Didn’t caffeinating everything jump the shark a few years ago? Yes. Caffeinated toothpaste. Each dose is said to contain the equivalent jolt of an 8 ounce cup of coffee. The concept is that it gives you your buzz quicker since … Continue reading
You know there’s a National Month or Week of nearly everything. That includes dental hygiene. And hygiene’s month is this month. So saith the American Dental Hygienists’ Association. And the Wrigley’s Gum folks. And so to the usual tip list … Continue reading
Once upon a time, toothpaste wasn’t paste. It was powder. (And once upon a time before that, it was things like crushed shells, burnt bread, charcoal and dragon’s blood, but that’s another story for another time.) In fact, although the … Continue reading
As we’ve noted several times before, it pays to read beyond the headline, especially if it’s surprising, shocking or sensational. To wit: So before you grab that Hershey bar, know that the study in question – published in Caries Research … Continue reading
There are things besides fluoride that you’re better off not having in your toothpaste – sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), for instance, and triclosan. As we mentioned before, the latter is a known endocrine disruptor. Other health risks include increased allergies, … Continue reading
Captain Obvious narrowed his eyes and frowned. On his monitor, a study recently published in Acta Ondontologica Scandinavica. Our intrepid hero – champion of common sense in research and the enemy of wasted money and time – read the abstract, … Continue reading